Talent and Core Areas
At UNC Charlotte our intellectual capital grows exponentially. Our university is now 1000+ faculty strong consisting of seven academic colleges and the Graduate School. 5,400+ of our over 29,000 enrolled students are graduate students working in 64 Master’s and 23 Doctoral degree granting programs.
UNC Charlotte has purposefully developed top-end research capacity in core areas that align with the region’s business sector:
- Data analytics and cybersecurity across all industry sectors, especially Charlotte’s financial companies.
- Advanced manufacturing and precision metrology, two internationally recognized programs.
- Energy production and infrastructure including the electricity supply chain.
- Health and life sciences, bioinformatics, and biomedical engineering and sciences.
- Motorsports engineering and motorsports research.