The Office of Research Partnerships (ORP) is the gateway for business-government-university-investor partnerships at UNC Charlotte – North Carolina’s urban research university. Our goal is to enhance the research and technology infrastructure and stimulate economic development within the region and state. We are purposefully organized to fuel innovation through collaboration between UNC Charlotte’s exceptional academic talent, industry, entrepreneurs, and government agencies.
ORP is a unit within the University’s Division of Research (DR). We work directly with other division-departments such as Office of Research Commercialization and Development, Center for Research Excellence, and Grants and Contracts Administration. ORP supports the Charlotte region entrepreneurial ecosystem and small business community through its interface with the Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation and the Charlotte Small Business and Technology Development Center. We also provide access to approximately 120,000 sf. of leasable on-campus Class A office and lab space for business and engineering, research & development partners.
ORP cultivates, facilitates, and sustains research collaboration and spurs intellectual capital and economic development on a regional, national, and global level by:
- Accelerating technology commercialization.
- Collaborating with top-tier UNC Charlotte interdisciplinary research centers and knowledge clusters.
- Identifying the exceptional research and intellectual talent of UNC Charlotte and connecting those assets with industry and governmental agencies.
- Engaging with economic development advocates at the county, state, and regional levels.
- Supporting new business ventures and the regional entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Providing exceptional research, innovation, and business development lease space on the UNC Charlotte campus.